For 115V machines
For 230V machines
use kit # A126
use kit # A126A
|Kit Includes:||Kit Includes:|
- 7/16" socket wrench
- Flathead screwdriver
- Channel locks
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- PVC Glue
- Silicone adhesive
- 3/4" hole saw or drill bit
- 13/64" drill bit
1. Take the clear tank lid off the recovery tank. Undo the rear latches on your LTD to open up the machine. Unplug your machine before working with electronics
2. Uninstall the two vacuums by unplugging all the wires connected to it and unbolting the 6 bolts using a 7/16” socket (Figure A). Remember how the wires are connected so that you can correctly reconnect them later.
3. Using an adjustable wrench or tongue-and-groove pliers, unscrew the two 1-1/2” lock nuts (Figure B) holding the two vacuum stacks in place. Take out the two old vacuum stacks.
4. Apply silicone on the new 1-1/2” PVC adaptors (Figure C). Push the threaded side of the adaptors thru the two holes on the bottom of the recovery tank. Secure both adaptors in place by screwing on the lock nuts.
5. Using 3/4" hole saw or drill bit, drill hole into the base of the recovery tank from below as shown. Apply silicone to the hole and around the fitting and press the strain relief fitting securely into hole. Important: be sure to completely seal these fittings to avoid water leaking onto vacuum motors, and loss of suction.
6. Insert stacks to adapter inside recovery tank, adjusting to ensure the floats aren't impeded by the body walls or other components. Once the position is correct, remove, apply PVC glue, and reinstall.
7. Feed float electric cord through strain relief fitting.
8. Reinstall vacuum motors.
9. Attach wires from relay to the corresponding wires. For reference: (Relay 1: Yellow wire w/ yellow connection connects to yellow from switch and black from the float's wire. White w/ blue connection connects to white wire from the float. White wire w/ yellow connection connects to the white from the switch and either black wire from the vacuums. Black connects to the remaining black wire from the vacuum) (Relay 2: Brown wire w/ yellow connection connects to brown from switch and black from the float's wire. White w/ blue connection connects to white wire from the float. White wire w/ yellow connection connects to the white from the switch and either black wire from the vacuums. Black connects to the remaining black wire from the vacuum)
10. From outside the housing, on the front face of the lower body piece, line up the relays and mark where the screw holes lie. Using the 13/64" drill bit, drill holes through the marks into the housing. Inside the body attach the relays using the included screws and washers. Connect the wiring harnesses to the relays. Close the machine and ensure no hoses kink.