Machine Maintenance: How To Maintain Your Carpet Extractor
To ensure the optimum performance of your Mytee extractor, you must take time to clean the machine out regularly. Use Mytee’s 3601 System Maintainer weekly for maximum performance and pressure and to prolong the life of your machine. Mytee’s 3601 System Maintainer is available here.
- Keep all tanks and lines free of hard water and chemical build up
- Improve pump life
- Minimize acid corrosion and lime scale build up for maximum performance and pressure
- Keep heater(s) running at maximum temperature
- Mix 1-quart 3601 System Maintainer with 1-quart of warm water.
- After thoroughly mixing, pour this solution into the solution tank.
- Turn the pump on FIRST, and run solution through your cleaning tool.
- Next, turn on the heater. If the heater is turned on first, it will result in a vapor lock, which will affect the machine’s operation.
- Next, with both the pump and heater on, begin running the solution through the machine. This allows the solution to break down any build up in the lines.
- After running all of the solution through the machine, fill the tank with clean, warm water. Run the water through the machine to clear the solution completely out of the tank & lines.
Water & Vinegar Solution Directions for UseIf you are unable to use Mytee’s 3601 System Maintainer, there is an alternative solution.
- Mix 1-part white vinegar to 5-parts warm water. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into the solution tank of the machine.
- Run half a tank of solution through the machine. Allow machine to sit overnight for 8-10 hours with remaining solution in the components.*
- Run the remaining solution through the machine.
- Fill tank with clean, warm water. Run the water through the machine to clear the solution completely out of the tank & lines.
This maintenance process must be done weekly. We cannot stress enough the importance of machine maintenance.